The JPIAMR Activity Report that was published today summarises the JPIAMR achievements and major events for the year 2019, including:
- Global consolidation of JPIAMR with the establishment of global regional workshops in Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe, as well as the geographical expansion of its membership.
- JPIAMR has been highlighted as a key transnational initiative to address AMR by the highest international bodies, for example, in the IACG UN recommendations on a global AMR governance, the G20 Health Ministers conclusions and the EU Council Conclusion on AMR.
- Launch of the updated Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA), as well as the Roadmap of Actions 2019-2024.
- Publication of the mapping of AMR Research Funding national distribution and launch of the AMR Research Funding Dashboard.
- Progress in the development of the JPIAMR-Virtual Research Institute. The JPIAMR-VRI builds on the outcomes of the funded research networks.
- Launch of a first Hackathon on AMR which was a major success, awarding teams with new innovative digital solutions to address AMR.
- Launch of a joint research call in the area of “Diagnostics and Surveillance” together with Development Agencies which has enabled the engagement with the scientific community of LMICs.
Download the full report: JPIAMR Activity Report 2019 (pdf 2 MB, opens in a new window)