Strategic and Exploratory Workshops
Strategic and Exploratory Workshops
JPIAMR organises workshops to identify future joint actions. By bringing together experts from all relevant fields relating to a specific topic, the workshops can map the landscape and identify knowledge gaps. The added value of JPIAMR is that through its funding mechanisms and collaborative actions, the initiative can set in motion activities to fill these knowledge gaps.
Online workshop: Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR, 3-4 September 2020
The JPIAMR workshop on Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR will be organised online 3-4 September 2020. Two half-day sessions will be dedicated to interactive discussions regarding the results of projects funded by the JPIAMR in 2016 and 2017 – The Call on Transmission Dynamics and the Call on Prevention and Intervention strategies to Control AMR infections – and the scope of future calls to address new challenges in One health AMR transmission and interventions. Video presentations of projects funded by JPIAMR on these themes will be uploaded to the workshop webpage a week before the workshop.
Read more and register to the event at the workshop page Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR.
Live Webinars: AMR Research in a post-pandemic world
JPIAMR is organising a series of live webinars to highlight and clarify the importance of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) research in the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic and future viral pandemics.
In the webinars world-leading researchers and clinicians discuss the prevalence of bacterial co-infections, best practise and appropriate use of antibiotics, and opportunities and challenges for AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Next event in this series:
Managing COVID-19 and AMR: How do we simultaneously manage the acute COVID-19 pandemic and escalating antibiotic resistance?
18 September 2020
The speakers in this webinar will discuss how we can build upon knowledge and behaviours from the COVID-19 pandemic to create and sustain awareness and action to address AMR.
Past events in this series:
Antibiotic Use: Have antibiotics been appropriately used in the COVID-19 pandemic?
25 June 2020. The webinar was recorded and is available through this link: Webinar: Have antibiotics been appropriately used in the COVID-19 pandemic?
AMR Research: Facilitating AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic
25 June 2020. The webinar was recorded and is available through this link: Webinar: Facilitating AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic
Final workshop for JPIAMR Networks, 4-5 November 2020, Edinburgh, UK
The JPIAMR launched two network calls in 2018, (1) Surveillance Networks and (2) Building the Foundation of the JPIAMR-Virtual Research Institute. Within the surveillance call ten networks were funded. Within the JPIAMR-VRI call, eight networks were funded. This workshop aims to discuss outcomes from the funded Networks and explore ways to translate research Network outcomes to have meaningful outputs to the JPIAMR-VRI and strengthen JPIAMR knowledge within the priority topic Surveillance. In addition, the workshop will support communication of network outputs by the JPIAMR.
JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Asia, 4-5 December 2019, Suwon, South Korea
The JPIAMR Regional Workshop Asia; Fostering knowledge on Clinical Epidemiology, AMR policy, Therapeutics and Diagnostics to combat AMR in Asia was held in Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, South Korea, on the 4-5 December 2019. The workshop provided a forum for researchers and experts from Asian countries within the area of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) to come together and give insights into the AMR situation in different Asian countries.
JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Eastern Europe, 5-6 December 2019, Bucharest, Romania
The JPIAMR Regional Workshop Eastern Europe; The role of a Joint Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda at global level for tackling AMR, was held in Bucharest, Romania on the 5-6th December 2019. The workshop targeted the policy making level with the aim to explore opportunities for putting together EU and global experience and sharing resources and achievements in order to find sustainable solutions for tackling AMR in the Eastern Europe Region. Speakers came from different European countries and shared their experiences.
Hacking AMR 2019 – Using the digital world to fight antimicrobial resistance, 13-15 December, Stockholm, Sweden
The JPIAMR-VRI international hackathon was held in Stockholm 13-15 December 2019. The hackathon brought together scientists, designers, patients, developers, innovators, students and entrepreneurs to collaborate, dream up & create solutions to real-world problems to improve human, animal and environmental health and well-being with regards to Antimicrobial Resistance.
During the hackathon, 40 participants formed seven different teams and worked on diverse digital solutions to AMR.
- JPIAMR funded networks. A joint workshop with the research networks ARCH and GAP-ONE, Verona, Italy, 24-25 October 2019
- JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Latin America, Experiences and Areas of Interest for Strengthening Antimicrobial Resistance Networks, 5-7 June 2019, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Startup Workshop for Funded Networks for all networks from the two transnational network calls launched by JPIAMR in 2018: JPIAMR Network Call on Surveillance and JPIAMR-VRI Network Call 2018. 19-20 February 2019, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Fourth JPIAMR Call Conference Maximising existing and future research efforts and resource alignment to combat AMR 8-9 March 2018, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Setting the scene for a JPIAMR Virtual Institute, 8-9 November 2017, Berlin, Germany
- Environmental dimensions of AMR, 27-28 September 2017, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Early Discovery of New Antibiotics, 12-13 January 2017, Paris, France
- The interplay between AMR Surveillance and Science, 12-13 October 2016, Oslo, Norway
- JPIAMR’s role in EP resolution Safer healthcare in Europe, 16 February 2016
- Translatlantic collaboration on Clinical trials related to antimicrobial resistance, 21-22 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- NIH/NIAD Grants Day Training Sessions, 22 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- New Frontiers in Antibacterial Resistance Research, 20-21 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- Intergovernmental Workshop, 17 November 2015, Paris, France
- Research Infrastructures Workshop, 28 October 2015, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Transmission Dynamics Workshop, 12 October 2015, Berlin, Germany
- Diagnostics Workshop, 11 May 2015, London, UK
- Information Systems Workshop, 5 February 2015, Madrid, Spain
- Implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda, 9-10 October 2014, Brussels, Belgium
- Strategic Research Agenda Launch Conference, 3 April 2014, Brussels, Belgium