Strategic and Exploratory Workshops
Strategic and Exploratory Workshops
JPIAMR organises workshops to identify future joint actions. By bringing together experts from all relevant fields relating to a specific topic, the workshops can map the landscape and identify knowledge gaps. The added value of JPIAMR is that through its funding mechanisms and collaborative actions, the initiative can set in motion activities to fill these knowledge gaps.
Virtual workshop: AMR surveillance research and its impact on policymaking, 23 February 2021
In the current pandemic context, AMR surveillance research is more necessary than ever. The efforts made in this framework in recent years have resulted in a number of relevant outputs, that need to be properly conveyed to policy makers to be incorporated into national action plans.
Across this workshop, jointly organised by JPIAMR and EU-JAMRAI, we will present some of the latest AMR surveillance research findings, followed by a debate about how these results may inform national policies.
This will be a cutting-edge meeting point for policymakers, researchers and funders. They will have the chance to discuss effective strategies to integrate evidence into policies and improve the implementation of AMR surveillance mechanisms in human health, animal health and environment.
The programme includes high-level representatives of the ECDC, WHO GLASS, IMI COMPARE/VEO, the EU-JAMRAI EARS-Vet project, and JPIAMR Surveillance Research Networks.
Read more and register to the workshop here: AMR surveillance research and its impact on policymaking
Virtual workshop: Feeding the AMR Therapeutics Pipeline, 20-22 April 2021
As AMR emerges, new strategies for the treatment of infection and identification of resistant microbes are crucial. This JPIAMR activity, led by the UK Medical Research Council (MRC) with support from Sweden (SRC), South Africa (SAMRC), Korea (NRF), France (ANR), and Canada (CIHR) is delivered as part of JPIAMR’s mission to enable global coordination of research.
The main goals of the workshop are:
- To showcase therapeutics research and improve links between academia, industry and policy makers in the context of the wider global antimicrobial therapeutics community
- To identify gaps and opportunities in therapeutics research
The workshop is organised online in three half-day sessions, (13:00-17:00 CET) from the 20th to the 22nd of April 2021, combining keynote presentations, short invited talks selected from abstract submissions, and panel discussions.
Read more and register to the workshop here: Feeding the AMR Therapeutics Pipeline
Online workshop: Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR, 3-4 September 2020
The JPIAMR workshop on Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR was organised online 3-4 September 2020. Two half-day sessions dedicated to interactive discussions regarding the results of projects funded by the JPIAMR in 2016 and 2017 – The Call on Transmission Dynamics and the Call on Prevention and Intervention strategies to Control AMR infections – and the scope of future calls to address new challenges in One health AMR transmission and interventions. Read more about the event at the workshop page Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR.
Please read the report of the online workshop titled “Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR“. The workshop was hosted by the French National Research Agency (ANR), in close collaboration with JPIAMR. Please find the full report here: Workshop report, Interventions to Reduce the Development and Transmission of AMR(pdf)
Live Webinars: AMR Research in a post-pandemic world
JPIAMR is organising a series of live webinars to highlight and clarify the importance of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) research in the context of the current COVID-19 pandemic and future viral pandemics.
In the webinars world-leading researchers and clinicians discuss the prevalence of bacterial co-infections, best practise and appropriate use of antibiotics, and opportunities and challenges for AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic.
To read more please visit the webinar webpage: AMR Research in a post-pandemic world.
All events in this series:
Antibiotic Use: Have antibiotics been appropriately used in the COVID-19 pandemic?
25 June 2020. The webinar was recorded and is available through this link: Webinar: Have antibiotics been appropriately used in the COVID-19 pandemic?
AMR Research: Facilitating AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic
25 June 2020. The webinar was recorded and is available through this link: Webinar: Facilitating AMR research in the COVID-19 pandemic
Managing COVID-19 and AMR: How do we simultaneously manage the acute COVID-19 pandemic and escalating antibiotic resistance?
18 September 2020. The webinar was recorded and is available through this link: Webinar: How do we simultaneously manage the acute COVID-19 pandemic and escalating antibiotic resistance?
JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Asia, 4-5 December 2019, Suwon, South Korea
The JPIAMR Regional Workshop Asia; Fostering knowledge on Clinical Epidemiology, AMR policy, Therapeutics and Diagnostics to combat AMR in Asia was held in Sungkyunkwan University, Suwon, South Korea, on the 4-5 December 2019. The workshop provided a forum for researchers and experts from Asian countries within the area of Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) to come together and give insights into the AMR situation in different Asian countries.
JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Eastern Europe, 5-6 December 2019, Bucharest, Romania
The JPIAMR Regional Workshop Eastern Europe; The role of a Joint Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda at global level for tackling AMR, was held in Bucharest, Romania on the 5-6th December 2019. The workshop targeted the policy making level with the aim to explore opportunities for putting together EU and global experience and sharing resources and achievements in order to find sustainable solutions for tackling AMR in the Eastern Europe Region. Speakers came from different European countries and shared their experiences.
Hacking AMR 2019 – Using the digital world to fight antimicrobial resistance, 13-15 December, Stockholm, Sweden
The JPIAMR-VRI international hackathon was held in Stockholm 13-15 December 2019. The hackathon brought together scientists, designers, patients, developers, innovators, students and entrepreneurs to collaborate, dream up & create solutions to real-world problems to improve human, animal and environmental health and well-being with regards to Antimicrobial Resistance.
During the hackathon, 40 participants formed seven different teams and worked on diverse digital solutions to AMR.
- JPIAMR funded networks. A joint workshop with the research networks ARCH and GAP-ONE, Verona, Italy, 24-25 October 2019
- JPIAMR Regional Workshop in Latin America, Experiences and Areas of Interest for Strengthening Antimicrobial Resistance Networks, 5-7 June 2019, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Startup Workshop for Funded Networks for all networks from the two transnational network calls launched by JPIAMR in 2018: JPIAMR Network Call on Surveillance and JPIAMR-VRI Network Call 2018. 19-20 February 2019, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Fourth JPIAMR Call Conference Maximising existing and future research efforts and resource alignment to combat AMR 8-9 March 2018, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Setting the scene for a JPIAMR Virtual Institute, 8-9 November 2017, Berlin, Germany
- Environmental dimensions of AMR, 27-28 September 2017, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Early Discovery of New Antibiotics, 12-13 January 2017, Paris, France
- The interplay between AMR Surveillance and Science, 12-13 October 2016, Oslo, Norway
- JPIAMR’s role in EP resolution Safer healthcare in Europe, 16 February 2016
- Translatlantic collaboration on Clinical trials related to antimicrobial resistance, 21-22 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- NIH/NIAD Grants Day Training Sessions, 22 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- New Frontiers in Antibacterial Resistance Research, 20-21 January 2016, Stockholm, Sweden
- Intergovernmental Workshop, 17 November 2015, Paris, France
- Research Infrastructures Workshop, 28 October 2015, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Transmission Dynamics Workshop, 12 October 2015, Berlin, Germany
- Diagnostics Workshop, 11 May 2015, London, UK
- Information Systems Workshop, 5 February 2015, Madrid, Spain
- Implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda, 9-10 October 2014, Brussels, Belgium
- Strategic Research Agenda Launch Conference, 3 April 2014, Brussels, Belgium