The European Commission is a JPIAMR non-voting member. The JPIAMR and the European Commission work together in the alignment of activities between member countries and the EC framework programme regarding AMR research and funding.
Coordination and Support Actions
The European Commission has supported JPIAMR key coordinating operations through several grants:
- Coordination and Support Action “EXEDRA”, 2017-2021: The main objectives of this Coordination and Support Action (JPIAMR CSA2.0 EXEDRA contract number: 733296) is to expand JPIAMR globally, and to create a long-term sustainable governance structure, which coordinates national funding and collaborative actions supporting the implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda (SRA).
- Coordination and Support Action, 2012-2016: To support the early implementation of the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance, the initiative received funding from the European Commission’s Framework 7 in the form of a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) contract No. 323209.
JPIAMR coordinate joint calls through the implementation of ERAnet Co-funds:
- ERAnet Cofund JPIAMR-ACTION, 2021-2025
- ERAnet Cofund JPI-EC-AMR, 2015-2021
- JPIAMR also participates with JPI WATER and JPI OCEANS in joint ERAnet Co-fund AquaticPollutants.