The Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance Virtual Research Institute (JPIAMR-VRI) was an initiative created by a number of JPIAMR member states. The aim was to increase AMR research coordination, improve visibility of the AMR research networks, research performing institutes/centres and infrastructures, and facilitate knowledge exchange and capacity development across the globe, covering the full One Health AMR Spectrum.
The main goals of the JPIAMR-VRI were to:
- Connect people to people: A type of platform that provides the infrastructure to facilitate interactions between a large number of people to bring those with complimentary interests together and fosters networking that results in short and/or long-term relationships.
- Connect people to data: Enable people to connect with the most appropriate resources to fulfil their AMR information need within the platform.
- Create mobilisation and synergy: Engage organisations and people to reach above their individual capabilities under one common goal. To create a momentum where knowledge and information exchange can take place across different stakeholders, i.e. knowledge generators and knowledge users.
In 2018 eight networks were funded in the JPIAMR-VRI Network Call to develop activities to build the foundation of the JPIAMR-VRI. In early 2019, at a meeting in Amsterdam, the networks gathered and initiated the work and the formation of the JPIAMR-VRI.
The workshop report can be found here: Startup workshop report 2018 JPIAMR Transnational Networks.
Filmed interviews with the coordinators of the funded JPIAMR Networks can be found here: Discover the JPIAMR-VRI: Interviews with network coordinators February 2019
Read more on each JPIAMR-VRI network here:
- AMR Dx Global
- Antimicrobial Resistance in Intensive Care (AMRIC)
- inCreasing cOmmunicatioN, awareNEss and data sharing in a global approaCh against resisTance (CONNECT)
- Global Antimicrobial resistance Platform for ONE Burden Estimates (GAP-ONE)
- International Research Alliance for Antibiotic Discovery and Development (IRAADD)
- Network of European and African Researchers on Antimicrobial Resistance (NEAR-AMR)
- TRANSLOCATION-transfer (TT)
- VeRI BEAM