The Strategic Research Agenda has now been published. The core of the agenda is the identification and description of six priority topics (Priority Topic table):
- A. Development of novel antibiotics and alternatives for antibiotics – from basic research to the market.
B. Design strategies to improve treatment and prevention of infections by developing new diagnostics.
- C. Standardisation and extension of surveillance systems to establish a global surveillance program on antibiotic resistance and antibiotic use.
- D. Transmission dynamics.
- E. The role of the environment as a source for the selection for and spread of AMR.
- F. Designing and testing interventions to prevent acquisition, transmission and infection caused by AMR.