The National Authority for Scientific Research (Autoritatea Nationala pentru Cercetare Stiintifica, ANCS) is the specialised organisation of the central public administration, applying the strategies and programmes of the Romanian Government in the field of R&D and responsible with the implementation and promotion of the 7th Framework Programme in Romania.
ANCS functions encompass politics (present and harmonise the political viewpoint regarding the research development and innovation field), programme management, strategy (elaboration and implementation of the policies on research development and innovation), and evaluation of the policies in the field of research, development and innovation. It elaborates the normative and methodological framework, functional, operational and financial framework in which the policies in the field are carried out.
At the international level, ANCS ensures the application of international agreements in the related field and the promotion of new agreements and acts as state authority – which ensures the monitoring and control of the settlements in its field.
The ANCS also acts as government representative in national, regional and international bodies and organisations as a state authority for its field. The statute of ANCS is settled by the Governmental Decision no.1449/17th November 2005.
ANCS is involved in five JPIs:
- Food Security, Agriculture and Climate Change,
- Cultural Heritage and Global Change,
- A Healthy Diet for a Healthy Life,
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- Water Challenges for a Changing World.
National AMR research program and activities
AMR Research program
- Third National Plan of Research-Development and Innovation – Romania
- National Program for Surveillance and containment of health-care associated infections and antimicrobial resistance, as well as for antibiotic use monitoring – Romania
National AMR research calls
- Complex Projects achieved in Consortia
- New and emergent technologies
- Eco-nano-technologies and advanced materials
Management Board representatives
- Irina Codita C Davila, Univ. Medicine and Pharmacy
- Ioana Ispas, National Authority for Scientific Research