Added value and benefits
The JPIAMR-VRI is a dynamic network of AMR research facilities that will change the way resources are shared and used, and will ensure a closer, more coordinated and continuous dialogue amongst researchers as well as between researchers, funders and policy makers.
By connecting the global scientific community along the six priority areas of the joint Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda, the JPIAMR-VRI will provide an unprecedented level of knowledge exchange, facilitate the analysis of knowledge gaps, increase capacity, improve coordination, implement breakthrough collaborative research and increase the visibility of the research performed.
By bridging borders and disrupting barriers between fields of research the JPIAMR-VRI will build a virtual “corridor” facilitating alignment of strategies, and the production and sharing of scientific evidence, for developing policy and guidelines to reduce to global burden of AMR.
The JPIAMR-VRI should be viewed as a Network of Networks, a knowledge hub, and a Global Platform with key principles that serve essential aspects to AMR Research stakeholders.
Benefits of the JPIAMR-VRI for the scientific community
- Find the right people/groups to create networks, (research) consortia, research ideas and spin-off ideas, etc.
- Present oneself and remain visible and detectable as an expert or entrepreneur within the AMR field.
- Easy access to AMR databases, collections, biobanks, research infrastructures.
- Overview of ongoing and finalised research projects (mapping).
- Overview of grant schemes/funding database (globally).
- Early notification of (emerging) resistance problems and novel findings.
- Promote/find scientific work (publications, protocols, best practices, guidelines etc.).
- Promote/find workshops, symposia, conferences, summer schools, train-the-trainer etc.
- Promote/find grey literature i.e. supranational/national (e.g. NAPs) reports with policy & research agendas.
- Exchange and learn from best practices, guidelines, protocols, experimental models, etc.
- Invite participants, (keynote) speakers, facilitators.