AMR Research Infrastructure dashboards
JPIAMR launched interactive dashboards to provide an overview of AMR specific collections of biological materials, databases and research infrastructure services. This will contribute to improving findability, reusability and sustainability of resources and services for the AMR research community.
JPIAMR, in collaboration with the IMI-consortium VALUE-Dx, has collected information through a survey on existing resources and services that are relevant for AMR research from all the One Health domains: human, animal and environment. JPIAMR translated this overview into an interactive dashboard, which is now published and provided in the link below:
The overview is further elaborated in the following categories with detailed information in three separate dashboards:
- Dashboard on Biobank and its associated database: comprise of collections of biological materials and their associated databases.
- Dashboard on Non-sample-databases: comprise of collection of databases on medical records, registry and other relevant datasets.
- Dashboard on Research Infrastructure Services: comprise of services offered by research infrastructures for managing and using the collections and databases.
A comprehensive report on the results of the survey that forms the basis of the different dashboards is also available here: Antimicrobial Resistance Survey – A survey about collections of biological material, databases and services relevant for AMR research (pdf 2 MB). The report includes details of the classification of the categories and the definitions of various terminologies used in the dashboards.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to provide and/or receive detailed information about the datasets.
Other relevant Research Infrastructure platforms
To date, a number of research infrastructure platforms are available, some of which provide information about biological and biomedical resources and service. An overview is listed below.
General Research Infrastructure for biomedical research
- ELIXIR, European Distributed Infrastructure for life science information
- BBMRI, Biobanking and BioMolecular resources Research Infrastructure
- CORBEL, a catalogue of services for Life sciences
- EATRIS, European Infrastructure for Translational Medicine
- ECRIN, European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network
- ESFRI, the European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures, is a strategic instrument to develop the scientific integration of Europe and to strengthen its international outreach
- EJP eRARE, ERA-Net for Research Programmes on Rare Diseases
- MERIL, a portal to Research Infrastructures in all scientific domains
- EU-OPENSCREEN, European Infrastructure of Open Screening Platforms for Chemical Biology
- EMBRC, European Marine Biological Resource Centre
- Euro-BioImaging, European Research Infrastructure for Biological Imaging
- Infrafrontier, Infrastructure for mouse disease models and phenotype data
- Instruct, Integrated Structural Biology unlocking the Secrets of Life
Research Infrastructure dedicated to microbiology research
- MIRRI, Microbial Resource Research Infrastructure
- The CARD is a rigorously curated collection of characterized, peer-reviewed resistance determinants and associated antibiotics, organised by the Antibiotic Resistance Ontology (ARO) and AMR gene detection models.
- SPARK, The Shared Platform for Antibiotic Research and Knowledge is a publicly available, interactive tool that provides data to help scientists to identify urgently needed new antibiotics
- Swiss Biobanking Platform
- European Research Infrastructure on Highly Pathogenic Agents
- CABI Bioscience Services. Microbial and molecular biology services, culture supply, storage and training courses
- ARC, The Antimicrobial Resource Centre has been developed by the British Society for Antimicrobial Chemotherapy as a global repository of information for all people interested in the effective management of infectious diseases.
- BCCM, Belgian Coordinated Collections of Microorganisms. Providing services of quality in microbial and genetic resources for academia and industry
- ARLG, The Antibacterial Resistance Leadership Group. ARLG addresses antibacterial resistance through innovative clinical trial design, unique access to clinically well-characterized bacteria, and opportunities for early-stage investigators
- BacDive, The Bacterial Diversity Metadatabase
- GenEpid-J: Genomics + Epidemiology. An integrated database of pathogen genomics and epidemiology focused on plasmids involving in the antimicrobial resistance