Poland is represented in JPIAMR by the Ministry of Education and Science.
The research in the area of AMR is principally funded by two agencies, National Science Centre (NCN) and National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR) by response-mode grants. Alert resistance in bacteria is constantly monitored for the whole country through an activity of the National Reference Centre for Antimicrobial Resistance and the National Reference Centre for Bacterial Meningitis, located at the National Medicines Institute in Warsaw.
National AMR research program and activities
National AMR research calls
- JPIAMR Joint Call on Diagnostics and Surveillance 2019
- JPI Water, JPI Oceans and JPIAMR Joint Call on Acquatic Pollutants 2020
- JPIAMR Joint Call on One Health interventions to prevent or reduce the development and transmission of AMR 2021
Activities on AMR actions at national level
- Polish Society of Microbiologists Conferences 2019, 2020-2021 (online)
- Rational Antibiotic Therapy in Prevention of Healthcare-associated Infections Conference, 2020
- Workshop for public administration officials on hospital-acquired infections and globalisation of AMR, 2019
- Workshops for Hospital Infection Control Teams, 2019 & 2020
- Workshops for Antibiotic Therapy Teams, 2019 & 2020
- Infectious Diseases Forum, 2021
- V Conference for Polish Microbiologists and Epidemiologists, 2021 (online) www.webinar-med.pl/osme/
- Hydromicro 2021 conference “Micro-organisms in the aquatic environment – risks and hopes”, 2021
- Animal Health Conference: Problems in pig production in Poland: irrational use of antibiotics, reproduction, ASF, 2021
- 6th Pomeranian Meeting with Microbiology
Capacity building activities and projects
- Clinical Microbiology Autumn School 2020 (online) – including AMR-dedicated sessions
- Infectious Diseases Spring School 2021 (online) – including AMR-dedicated sessions
- “Antibiotics and antimicrobial drug stewardship” post-graduate programme, Warsaw Medical University and Jagiellonian University in Kraków, 3rd edition starting in October, 2021
- BINWIT project digitalization of unique scientific resources of the Hirszfeld Institute of Immunology and Experimental Therapy, Polish Academy of Sciences and creation of BINWIT platform to allow digital access to information about bacteriophages, their nucleotide sequencing and the information about stem cells biology.
- MedBiz Innovations mentoring programme – innovative student hub supported by: the National Medicines Institute, Perlan Technologies, ADAMED Group, Geneme, Amazon Web Services, ALAB laboratories, Invento Capital.
- bioMerieux Diagnostics Academy in cooperation with Medical University of Bialystok, 2021
- National Reference Centre for AMR – Principles for the presentation of results on antimicrobial susceptibility of bacteria to antimicrobial drugs – suggestions for microbiology diagnostics laboratories (in Polish) 2020
- Point Prevalence Survey of Healthcare‑associated Infections and Antimicrobial Use, 2020 with over 160 participating healthcare units
- European Antibiotic Awareness Day, 2020 and 2021
National action plans
- National Health Programme 2021-2025, Objective 4 Environmental health and infectious diseases (in Polish)
Management Board representative
- Tadeusz Bednarczyk, Ministry of Education and Science