Support from the European Commission
The European Commission is a JPIAMR non-voting member. The JPIAMR and the European Commission work together in the alignment of activities between member countries and the EC framework programme regarding AMR research and funding.
One Health AMR Partnership
The partnership aims to coordinate and align activities and funding between countries as well as with the Commission. It will also facilitate national coherence between different services and ministries with responsibility for the various aspects of AMR (e.g. human health, agriculture, environment, industry, finances). JPIAMR is leading the development, in collaboration with other stakeholdres, of this research programme for the years 2024-2030.
Draft outline of partnership proposal (May 2019, partnership is planned for the Work Programme 2023-2024)
Coordination and Support Actions
The European Commission has supported JPIAMR key coordinating operations through several grants:
- Coordination and Support Action “EXEDRA”, 2017-2021: The main objectives of this Coordination and Support Action (JPIAMR CSA2.0 EXEDRA contract number: 733296) is to expand JPIAMR globally, and to create a long-term sustainable governance structure, which coordinates national funding and collaborative actions supporting the implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda (SRA).
- Coordination and Support Action, 2012-2016: To support the early implementation of the Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance, the initiative received funding from the European Commission’s Framework 7 in the form of a Coordination and Support Action (CSA) contract No. 323209.
JPIAMR coordinate joint calls through the implementation of ERAnet Co-funds:
- ERAnet Cofund JPIAMR-ACTION, 2021-2025
- ERAnet Cofund JPI-EC-AMR, 2015-2021
- JPIAMR also participates with JPI WATER and JPI OCEANS in joint ERAnet Co-fund AquaticPollutants.