The three Joint Programming Initiatives (JPIs) on Water, Oceans and Antimicrobial Resistance (AMR) are pleased to announce a joint transnational call for research and innovation projects on risks posed to human health and the environment by pollutants and pathogens present in the water resources.
- Measuring – Environmental behaviour of contaminants of emerging concern (CECs), pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems
- Evaluating – Risk assessment and management of CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria from aquatic ecosystems (inland and marine) to human health and environment
- Taking Actions – Strategies to reduce CECs, pathogens and antimicrobial resistant bacteria in aquatic ecosystems (inland and marine)
Participating countries and organisations
32 Funding organizations from 26 countries:
- AquaticPollutants call – National regulations – updated 18 March 2020 (pdf)
- AquaticPollutants call – National contact points
Timeline and application information
Due to the high numbers of pre-proposals submitted and summer holiday season across Europe, the evaluation phase of the pre-proposals had to be prolonged. The guidelines for full-proposal submission and new timeline are now available (see below). The Submission platform is also now open.
- Call opening: 17 February 2020
- Deadline pre-proposals: 18 May 2020, 17.00 CET
- Invitation to submit full proposals: 19 October 2020
- Deadline full proposals: 23 November 2020
- Funding decision announced: March 2021
- Start of projects: 2021
- Project ends: 2024
- AquaticPollutants call – Call text – updated 18 March 2020 (pdf). All specific information on the call AquaticPollutants.
- Applications should be submitted via the specifically designed Submission Tool: https://aquaticpollutants.ptj.de
Support for applicants
- Information Webinar for Applicants : 12 March 2020, 13 – 14.30, online. Click here for the webinar presentation: AquaticPollutants webinar presenation (pdf)
- AquaticPollutants call – Guidelines for pre-proposal submission (pdf)
- AquaticPollutants call – Guidelines for full-proposal submission (pdf) – NEW!
- AquaticPollutants F&Q (pdf)
The AquaticPollutants Call Secretariat is hosted by Project Management Jülich.
Stefanie Pietsch, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sabine Sorge, email@example.com