The JPIAMR-VRI Key Principles
- To provide a virtual corridor facilitating the generation of scientific evidence to develop public policy and guidelines, and translation into practice.
- To facilitate and provide a platform for AMR researchers to communicate and coordinate research and other activities
- To reduce the duplication of efforts and leverage and synergise global efforts.
- To have a strong international outreach to the numerous AMR Research Community Stakeholders through the member states of the JPIAMR.
- To be able to mobilise new and existing resources through the JPIAMR.
- To cover all essential areas of One-Health, amalgamating different sectors, research areas, professional expertise.
- To address AMR as a global issue considering the needs and requirements of the AMR community in different geographical locations with various resources availabilities.
- To foster multinational research collaborations to add value to and to build upon the research conducted independently at national level.
The JPIAMR-VRI is not a funding instrument in itself but will be eligible for JPIAMR funding programmes. It is not to be seen as an added infrastructure to existing country specific ones.