JPIAMR – EC Coordination and Support Action
JPIAMR – EC Coordination and Support Action
JPIAMR has the support of the European Comission through a Coordination and Support Action EXEDRA, contract number: 733296 . JPIAMR “EXEDRA” 2017-2020 will be the second Coordinated Support Action (CSA) for this Joint Programming Initiative on Antimicrobial Resistance (JPIAMR) and essentially build on the work of the first CSA “JPIAMR”, which ended February 2016. It will provide a strong support structure for the JPIAMR during the forthcoming implementation and expansion phase by maintaining a continuity between the objectives, tasks and Work Packages of EXEDRA and JPIAMR. Support facilitated by the CSA EXEDRA will ensure that the ethos of joint programming in the area antimicrobial drug resistance becoming embedded within JPIAMR member’s research and innovation policies and programmes.
The main objectives of JPIAMR CSA2.0 (EXEDRA 2017-2020) is to expand JPIAMR globally, and to create a long-term sustainable governance structure, which coordinates national funding and collaborative actions supporting the implementation of the JPIAMR Strategic Research Agenda (SRA).
Objectives of the EXEDRA:
- Strengthening the joint effort to combat the spread of AMR by expansion of the JPIAMR membership or partnership to European non-members, but also globally.
- Development of a strategic plan for a long-term sustainable management structure of the JPIAMR, which will support an increased collaboration between MS, the scientific community, and stakeholders in meeting the risk of losing effective treatment of infections due to increased resistance to antimicrobial drugs.
- Increased alignment of MS national inter-sectorial policies on prevention and treatment of infections, the support for innovation and development of new antibiotics or alternatives thereof and new diagnostics, and of increased and improved surveillance and reporting of the use of antibiotics, presence and spread of resistant microbes or resistant genes in humans, animals, food and the environment.
- Increased joint support for the use and maintenance of critical European and global research infrastructure of relevance to the AMR scientific community. Financial support will be mobilized in order to collect, characterize, increase awareness of, and to provide access to samples and data from publicly funded projects. Legal barriers to share samples and data will be lowered or removed by identifying paths of possible alignment of national rules and regulations.
- Development of a JPIAMR Virtual Research Institute (VRI). The JPIAMR-VRI will be a dynamic network of AMR research facilitiesthat will provide a close contact between the JPIAMR and the scientific community, a platform for scientific interaction between MS, and it will help to build research capacity in the area of AMR.
- Supporting the alignment of JPIAMR members’ national AMR policies, programmes and resources in order to facilitate cooperation, efficiency of scale, and dissemination of best practices and knowledge..
- Increase the impact of the JPIAMR by extending the SRA into innovation through dialogue with industry which will guide this vision.
- Communication effort to raise awareness of the JPIAMR effort within scientific community, mobilize researchers from other fields to increase AMR research capacity and innovation.
List of participating countries/institutions:
Participant No* Participant organisation name Country
1 (Coordinator) Vetenskapsrådet Swedish Research Council (SRC) Sweden
2 Agence Nationale de la Recherche (ANR) France
3 Autoritatea Nationala Pentru Cercetare Siintifica si Inovare (ANCSI) Romania
4 Bundesministerium fuer Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) Germany
5 Chief Scientific Office - Ministry of Health (CSO-MOH) Israel
6 Deutches Zentrum fuer Luft-und Raumfahrt EV (DLR) Germany
7 Instituto de Salud Carlos III (ISCII) Spain
8 Insitutul National de Cercetera Dezvoltare Pentru Microbiologie si Immunologie (INCDMIC) Romania
9 Medical Research Council (MRC) United Kingdom
10 Ministerio de Ciencia, Tecnlogia e Innovación Productiva (MINCyT) Argentina
11 Ministerio de Economia y Competitividad (MINECO) Spain
12 Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyzszego (MINSW) Poland
13 Zorgonderzoek Nederland (ZonMw) Netherlands
14 Canadian Institutes of Health (CIHR) Canada